Blog Template

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Elle's Edition

I just realized my "Elle's Edition" blog had been available online for a time (duh!), and my stomach is in knots. I had posted it only so I could slurp it into a book format and publish it for my family, which I did. It included all of the Elle-related posts on this blog but added some private information and pictures. I can imagine people thinking how inappropriate it was for me to include pictures of her surgical wounds, pictures of our last moments with her, pictures of me dressing her body, people's comments that were meant for our family's ears only, and details about a priesthood blessing. I've deleted the blog, but I sure wish I could delete those details from people's minds.

2 comments:

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

I pray that God takes that regret from you immediately. I saw your dear comment on my blog this morning, and I came over here and read from today all the way back to before the accident. Please feel my love from one hurting mama to another. It's interesting that as I read about precious Elle and the way your family has honored her, I found myself experiencing regrets about how we handled Jack's accident. Regrets about Not having a viewing. Not taking any photos of his body or the funeral or burial or reception. I also found myself wondering, have we been doing what we need to help our little girl process what happened, when I saw the ways your sweet children have been processing Elle's death? I guess I just want to say I am proud of you and I'm learning from you and I am so very, very sorry for the loss (on earth) of your precious girl. And as for regrets? We are just trying so hard to do the best we can. HUGS to you!

The Koller Family said...

I echo Anna's comments. Your honesty has helped me to start to work through things that I hadn't started to face. It certainly is not for everyone's eyes or ears, but it is real. Your love is evident in every post. No regrets. Loves!