Blog Template

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Back to School, 2014-15

MK: "YAAAAY for the last day of first day school pic... basically."
(She's on track to graduate from BYU-H this school year.) 

Back in Utah...
Rob gave the kids their traditional back-to-school blessings.
For Cam, we asked that he would be able to cope well with his sensitive emotions and not worry about making mistakes or 
take himself too seriously :)

For Cy's back-to-school blessing, we asked that he be protected from injury (because sports is his life) and that he would be a peacemaker at school, as opposed to looking for his "first fight," which he had slyly mentioned to me as a goal for this year!? 
I don't get it.

My fashion sense is so sick
Cy's commentary as he admired himself in the dressing room mirror at Old Navy went something like this:

"I look good."
"Look at this one, Mom. Pretty fresh."
"Don't you love this shirt on me? look how tan I am."
"These jeans are purrrfect on me."
"No, this shirt is my favorite. Check me out."
"Oh, these shorts were made for me."

And so on...




First day of school outfit


 Can you tell who enjoyed back-to-school pics the most?... (me)



I didn't catch Getty the first day of school before he took off on his longboard, so this was several days later after school. 



This is what he actually wore the first day of school—the same t-shirt and jeans as the first day of school last year:

2013


This year, 2014:

For Getty's back-to-school blessing, we asked that he be blessed to have the kind of friends he could be his best self with (because he's 15!). 

 Mia not wanting to pose when cars drove by...

SENIORITIS

Her tweet the night before the first day of school....




It's 4-year-old Mia 


For Mia's blessing, we asked that she would be prepared this year for her goal of serving a mission next year.

2014-15, The Adventure Begins!



No comments: