Blog Template

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Top Five Reads... or Seven...

Tag! Megan, Brit, Jen, Sarah, Jacqui, and Cindy.

1. Self Matters by Dr. Phil McGraw. I thought I knew myself before I read this book, but I didn't know what I didn't know. It changed my life. 
2. Life Strategies by Dr. Phil. Again, serious revelation about my whole approach to life and how to do what works.
3. A Joyful Mother of Children by Linda Eyre. Down-to-earth supermom of nine. Want to pick her brain? Read on . . . 
4. How to Handle 1000 Things at Once by Don Aslett. This guy is super-efficient, terribly practical, and a perfectionist. He is the all-time cleaning and organization expert.  
5. The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger. She's harsh (of course) on us women, but she tells the truth. I came to understand men in a completely different light while reading this book. Incredibly helpful. 
6. How to Make Your Child a Winner by Victor Cline. A classic parenting book. Chapters include: How to Build Your Child's Self-esteem and Self-image, How to Raise Your Child's IQ, Not Minding, Sibling Rivalry, Lying, Problems in School, Whining and Crying: How to Turn It Off, What to Do with the Bored Child . . . . 
7. The Five Love Languages of Children by Chapman & Campbell. Important information for a mom to know about each of her children.

3 comments:

Hacking Highlights said...

So funny how all of your top books are self improvement or family improvement stuff! What a great mom! Where's the pleasure reading? That stuff is hard to swallow. I do want to read all of those though, especially the make your child a winner one. Thanks!

Jen V said...

Do you think we can just upload those books into my brain without me having to read them? I'd love to have all that information, but I am in a reading dry spell... usually happens the first 6 months or so of my most recent baby's life.

What do you read for fun? Let me rephrase that... those books ARE fun for you! What do you read that is not educational and has no purpose? I read lots of books like that...

Mia said...

Jen, Oh, right! I thought everyone loved books like that! I'm such a LOSER. Way too serious. My poor kids. As for my escape—30 minute showers. No one can penetrate my glass stall haven!