Blog Template

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Cam's Project

A few months ago, Cam found the clothes Elle was wearing the day of the accident except for the pants, which were the only article of clothing the hospital staff didn't return to us. He found a similar pair of her pants and laid out the clothes on the floor. Then he laid down beside her, so I took a picture. I could almost hear my heart splitting in half.



After a few minutes, he ran off, returning with this crown for her head.
Cam always did treat her like a princess :)

4 comments:

Melissa Stone said...

What a sweet boy! Thank you for sharing.

Natalie said...

how sweet. I am sure that he misses her and that would break my heart apart to see that too.

Linda Barton said...

That is sweet. I think the younger kids are closer to Heaven than we are. He probably recognized her spirit needed a body.
You and your family are continually in our thoughts and prayers, we love you!
Linda

Anonymous said...

This post made me cry on the spot. You have always been so sensitive to the individual needs of your children to grieve in their own time in their own way. It would be SO heartbreaking to be in some of those moments with them....but what a gift you are to your kids to have the courage to be with them anyway. Love you!