Blog Template

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Christmas Day, 2021

 Stockings and sibling gifts first


(M&M have a thing about cats)

Getty's getting excited for Cam to open his gift to him


Getty hand-crafted these burned images of characters on Steven Universe. So artsy!




And MK got Getty the end-all be-all controller of controllers


Tiaré made Mia her own one-of-a-kind jewelry box

And hand-painted and burned this memento of Hawaii for Kenz

Per tradition, Dad got another Sandlot shirt


I got myself a journal edition of the Old Testament and Book of Mormon and stickers 




Getty got sick half-way through presents




The gold box was a gift for Nova from Angel Elle

One of Elle's favorite Care Bears and her hairbrush


Elder Evans!



Evans Brunch

Auntie Mimi and her grandboys

Cindy [left] won the Left Right Center pot, and Maureen [right] is toughing it through her chemo and soon-to-be radiation treatments.

When exactly did Ni grow up?!

We all headed to Granny's house for Christmas dinner, and I forgot to take pictures. 

That night pulling away from my mom's house by the cemetery, I felt a sharp pang of unfinished business. 

The next day, Sunday, after church I drove to Elle's graveside. I sat in my car and cried and cried. I hadn't done that for a very long time, and it felt really good.



Getty and Tiaré on their way to a company Christmas party. Style on point.





For Christmas, Rawlin gave us a Coke bottle full of cash, and we promptly lost it. Rob was sick about it. We looked everywhere. Until 3 days later when I looked under the coffee table...


On that note, I'll wrap up this blog after 14 years, Feb. 2008 - Dec. 2021, and transition to Instagram for the foreseeable future.

1 comment:

JB said...

Will miss these blog posts! I have loved reading them all this time. Happy New Year!