Blog Template

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter, 2013

The day before Easter about 6:45 a.m., Rob got a call that his dad had suffered a heart attack and was in surgery. Rob's mom, has terminal cancer, so . . . now what??
Somehow, Grandma's Easter luncheon and egg hunt set for 3:00 p.m. that day went ahead as planned. "Carry on!" Grandma says, full of her British heritage.




Rob trying to get a grip on his parents' situation.





On Easter Sunday, EB sent the kids on lengthy indoor/outdoor adventures to find their baskets by following their string color. This last string led them to an Easter gift from Elle.

The kids took it out for a test drive first thing the next day (Spring Break). You climb inside and roll down the biggest hill you can find. (At least, that's what our kids decided it was for.) When it stops rolling and starts bouncing instead, hang on for dear life.



Back to Sunday. Mia and Getty having a "Passover snack." Isn't Mia a cheeky one?
We gave Elle the twin of the pink bunny Cam found in his basket. Getty and Cy got pink stress balls from Elle, and M&M got pink earrings and bracelets, so they can "represent" while still avoiding wearing pink.
I was in tears in this picture. Elle's grave is such a sacred place. I haven't visited it much in the bad weather. I'm mad that I've gotten used to being without her.

The other night I dreamt that I was holding her sweet face in my hands and telling her, "Don't ever let those beautiful blue eyes stop shining.

—Green! Green eyes!!"

I was disgusted with myself.

And so it goes. One step forward, two steps back. Progress feels like failing.

I guess Mia took these pics. I was showing Cam how every time I leave Elle's grave, I kiss my finger and touch it to Elle's lips x 4. One kiss for each year we spent with her.


3 comments:

Jen V said...

I've been thinking about your family constantly XOXO

AND!!!

You have one of Dad's paintings?? I have always wanted one but since I haven't seen any of them in a long time I thought Mom got ride of them when we got rid of everything else.

Are there others??

Jenni said...

Sweet post. Your family is so beautiful! Happy Easter.

Brit H. said...

I love the picture of Mia looking at Rob. I love Getty's short shorts. I LOVE the one of Rob laying on the couch. It is a quintessential picture of him, chillaxing with 2 or more kids sitting on him. I LOVE Elle and the pictures at her grave. And don't beat yourself up about the blue eye dream. Maybe she has decided that she wishes she had blue eyes like her daddy- and she was trying to clear her decision with mom:) :)