Blog Template

Saturday, September 7, 2013

My 44th


For my birthday, I asked Rob to take me to Costco for a hot dog, but he insisted on Texas Roadhouse. And they made me sit in this saddle and eat ice cream. Oh well.




Megan and I biked up to Bridal Veil Falls during school. Our kids are all full-timers.

Because that's what you get when you turn 44.



A few days later, I biked to Rob's work to say hi, but on the way back noticed like 19 stickers in my tires. I made it almost all the way back to my car (8 miles away) before one of the tires got too flat to ride on. Not a fun ride back—mostly uphill with a head wind, no headphones (I forgot them), and stressing about the tires all the way. So, I hiked my bike the rest of the way to my car, loaded it up, and headed for Kneader's all-you-can-eat French toast.
I felt LOTS better.

On my next bike ride, I lost my car key somewhere along an hour-and-a-half trail. Almost three hours later searching the trail on my bike, I returned to my car without my keys. Rob rescued me with a duplicate key and a Dr. Pepper.

Should I be allowed to leave the house?

Or maybe I should forget the cardio work out and just have French toast and Dr. Pepper...

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I say eat the French toast and have the Dr. Pepper. :) Sorry about your streak of events there. But happy birthday to you!!!