Blog Template

Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween, 2013



I texted these to MK to give her a little Halloween jolt. She dressed up for soccer practice as a rapper. Cause she cool like dat.




School Halloween parade. Cam's a Wild Kratt adventurer morphing into a robot animal, don't you know?
E-towne :)
Cy and his bestie, Aaron.





Mia getting busted in the school commons



As for Getty, his expectations for an acceptable Halloween are, um... scary. It needs to be outrageously FUN and most definitely horrifying. When he gets the feeling that Halloween is just not going to cut it this year (almost every year), he sinks into a black pit of despair. Even at age 4, when the Batman costume he chose didn't turn out to be as menacing as he had planned, he refused to let me alter it or even to wear any costume at all to his preschool costume party. Many years he would wear two or three different costumes throughout the day. He explained matter-of-factly, "You need a funny one in the morning, a comfortable one for school, and a scary one for night." I see.

These were Getty's plans for this year's Halloween...



But, the week before Halloween he got "sicker than I've been my whole life" (I agree) and was too wiped out for Saturday's dress rehearsal of 16 zombies in the forest. I tried to tell him he could do something on a smaller scale ;), but for him, it was all or nothing. Maybe next year....

And no school costume(s) for him this time (Batman complex...). Until it got dark... then he and his friends could chase screaming kids around the neighborhood in skeleton masks....





Cy's class party. I was in charge of the "treat activity."






And Rob wanted me to be sure to bring kitty litter to Cy and Cam's classes. Gross.
Later that night, Kip and Lafawnduh stopped by for a visit :)

My little sister and big bro-in-law. Two thumbs UP.




Happy Halloween!

No comments: