Blog Template

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Halloween, 2015

Post edit: Bran Castle in Transylvania, Romania, home of Dracula.
Vlad Dracula, aka Vlad Tepes ("the Impaler"), was a 15th-century Wallachian nobleman and was said to have skewered up to 80,000 enemies on long spikes. Cam's piano teacher actually visited the place and sent him these pictures:
 Yikes
 Anyway, back to Halloween in our quiet family neighborhood...

I love decorating for Halloween, nothing gorey but definitely creepy. 
The mice are back


Along with some bats this year
Getty's Valentine coffin from 4th grade on the table 




 (Got a growth chart, so we can quit writing on the wall.)


 Mia's Raggedy Ann (age 2) in the picture frame—my favorite




Getting prepped for the Halloween Carnival
I found this dress in our basement. Not sure, but I think it may have been my mother-in-law's negligee. 
Now that's creepy, haha

I ran errands like this... no time to style later for the carnival. 
I just acted like nothing was unusual.
Cy kept telling me, "Mom, you're really creeping me out! Don't look at me like that!"



At the end of the night I sent this picture text to my girls in Provo, 
"Goodnight my pretties....hehehe"

Halloween School Parade





After school with Cam's peeps

Cy and friends did a throwback to their "childhood" heroes...
He got home Halloween night, not having bothered to get any candy, and announced it was the most boring night ever. "We all just walked around everywhere and did nothing." 

Translation: no basketball involved.


Cam had such a good time running around with his best friends and stuffing himself with candy that by the time he got home, he fell asleep sitting straight up in a chair.


Two of my Mia Maids


MK and the fab decided to do a Halloween spaghetti dinner... 

and Fear Factor.

Zona and MK as Chris Brown and (abused) Rihanna
(I obviously don't have a say in her costumes anymore... ;)


Sara and Fotu just got engaged!

And so did these two




Scotty moved to Granny's from Las Vegas!




FEAR FACTOR
Rules: Choose which one in the couple will perform each task based only on these (cryptic) titles...
(Moving live worms from plate to plate with your mouth)

(Sinus-blowing wasabi)

(Licking batteries)

(Egg roulette: a bowl full of unmarked raw and hard-boiled eggs. With no hesitation, grab an egg and smash against your forehead)


(Eating one of these beauties:)



Kim and Sulley were the winners: gift certificates to Buffalo Wild Wings

Meanwhile, I was upstairs dealing with these guys....

Our last three Halloween nights have been bad news. This year Mia decided to drive 2 hours away to Snow College for Halloween in her highly unreliable car. No surprise when she broke down and needed a tow. Rob spent the night driving 4 hours round-trip and looking forward to yet another car in the shop (4 out of our 5 cars in the shop in the last 2 weeks). 

Getty's Halloween un-costume

Ashdon made up for it...
Party at Ashdon's

Happy Halloween!




No comments: