Blog Template

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Elle Day/Angel Day, 2017

Five years later, February 4th is a Saturday, the same day of the accident, and February 8th is a Wednesday, the same day of the week Elle passed away. 

And the activities of this Saturday are the same. Watching Cy's basketball games in the morning and visiting the hospital (this time to see Mahdi) in the afternoon.


It's eerie. Rob is quiet and anxious. I feel heavy and tired.

Later, at 3:40, (I know the time because I'm watching the clock) I'm in the kitchen just as I was that Saturday afternoon. I'm anticipating 4:07 p.m., and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. I hear a knock at the door and plan on not answering (with my red eyes and tear-stained face), but it's Kim, Emily, and the girls with a box of pink sugar cookies.

I feel better already 😋
(WHY didn't I take a picture of my gurls on the doorstep?)

Neighbors bring us balloons and flowers. I can't get over it. (And MK is messing around, as usual 😉)

On Wednesday, Elle's Angel Day, we head out for a fun day just the six of us (Getty was invited, but....)





Thug life 😂




Cam's sick from eating too much of that awesome food at our favorite Wasatch Back Grill
After dinner, we shop at the Riverwoods and 
then head to watch Cy's ball game

Meanwhile, a few of our favorite cousins 
heart attacked Elle's headstone 💗
Bentley kills me 😂

Angel Day #5 ✔




1 comment:

Jenni said...

I can't believe it's #5! It's so crazy when someone you love passes and it feels like yesterday, yet an eternity. Your family is amazing at keeping sweet Elle's memory alive. I know she's smiling down and loving every second of it. You guys are amazing! <3