Blog Template

Friday, March 30, 2018

Cam wrote himself a Sacrament Talk


My Talk

Hi my name is Cam Evans for those of you who don’t know me, which is a crying shame, haha, but my talk is on growing your testimony of the gospel. And a great way to do that is by prayer. 
Recently I’ve been thinking about hugging my little sister Elle, who is in Heaven, one last time. Just a few weeks ago I had an amazing dream. Elle was there and we were playing and I got to hug her. After that dream I said a prayer to Heavenly Father to thank Him and it was one of the best feelings I’ve ever had. I then felt as if Jesus Christ were right beside me comforting me. This helped me grow my testimony because I knew He was there, and that He really listens for what we want. I’ve heard it said before that “God gives us one of three answers: yes, not yet, and I have something better in mind.” Even if it takes a little time for Him to answer you, it doesn’t mean He doesn’t hear your prayer.
Another way of growing your testimony is by reading your scriptures. Lately I’ve been trying to read them by myself and it is so much better than just reading along with your family trying not to fall asleep. This way you really seek what you want to learn and what you want to hear. In the scriptures, Moroni chapter 10: 3-5 it says
“ Behold I would exhort you that when you read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them that ye would remember how merciful the lord hath been the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

This is one of my personal favorite scriptures because first, it talks about how to pray. If you just pray on a noisy schoolbus just to get it done with, nothing will happen because it doesn’t seem to be with real intent, but if you do it joseph smith style, with a sincere heart, you’ll get a great realization.

Also, those scriptures remind us that our Heavenly Father has been amazing to us from the dawn of time helping us along our easy and hard challenges. Maybe it’s Adam picking the fruit changing the whole world, or maybe it’s just a problem at school you have to face even if you don’t want to.  

And lastly those scriptures describe all three members of the god head working together in this powerful prayer, which shows to me that they are three separate beings, but one in purpose.

So if you’re ever struggling with your testimony, just think of that amazing talk Cam gave haha! and pray joseph smith style with real intent. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen

As soon as he started talking about his little angel Elle, he choked up and talked through tears, but with a smile on his face

... and now he's a celebrity at church

...and he's been asked to submit his experience with Elle into the church archives as part of our ward history.








2 comments:

Cassie said...

Cam is seriously a rock star! Honestly, this is so amazing. What he shared about Elle made me cry.

admin said...

This is very cool, thanks for sharing
www.gmajid.com