Blog Template

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Father's Day, 2019

I got Rob Prada Sport cologne, and this is the face he makes. Turns out, he loves it (and Cy loves it, and Cam loves it). Rob just first considers what ELSE he could do with the money spent to buy the gift. Like he could put it back in the bank where it belongs. We did get a big smile from him when he got the only thing he asked for, shoe shine from the boys. 

MK showed me how to make a video piecing together interviews from each of the kids about their dad. I'm so proud of myself! No way I can figure out how to post it tho 😜

THE INTERVIEW
1. How old is Dad? "49," "50...1?," "51," "52" 

2. How much does he weigh? "150," "190," "a solid 220," "225"

3. What makes Dad happy? 
MK: Quality family time






CAM: "Footrub, backrubs, ya rubs"

GETTY: "Seeing his wife and kids happy and successful"

MIA: "Hanging out with the kids and Mom"





CY: "Country music with the family, enjoying ourselves and having food"

4. What does Dad say a lot? 
"Did somebody say salsa?" 
"Excuse me, I'd like to get by now" 
"That's my name, don't wear it out" 
"Good enough for the girls I date" 
"Ready to open your Christmas/ birthday mayonnaise?" 
"You can't always get what you wa-ant" 
"I'll do your dishes for a footrub" 
"It's 8:00, time for bed!" 
"You may have HEARD Disneyland, but I distinctly said the dentist" 
"C'mon, fatty fatty fat fat" 

5. Dad's favorite food? Everyone said "sushi," "fancy gourmet food," "authentic food," and that "he doesn't like treats so much"

6. What does Dad do at work? 
MK: Sales manager?

CAM: "He makes trade shows?"
GETTY: "Vice President with big clients. He makes connections with people."

MIA: "Everything EV.ER.Y.THING"
CY: "He sits at his desk and does these one things [quotes]... and he makes sales and does everything."

7. What is Dad good at? 
MK: "Work ethic, athletics"
CAM: "Being nice and positive"
GETTY: "A lot of things, coaching, being a Papa, providing for the family, taking the kids out and having a good time"

MIA: "Everything, every sport, anything, everything"



CY: "He's really good at making me happy and making my family happy and making money, having a good time, and teaching me how to play basketball better"

8. A favorite memory with Dad? 
MK: "Moab trips"
CAM: "Paddleboarding was a party"
GETTY: "Week-long scout camp where Dad came up later in the week, and I never was happier to see him and after that everything was bueno 👍"
MIA: "Jazz game and Thriller on Daddy-daughter dates"

CY: that one time when he popped a wheelie on Scott's [Hacking] dirtbike and almost came down on Cam, haha

9. I know Dad loves me because? 
MK: "He really listens and tries to understand me"
CAM: "He cares a lot about me and he shows it and I care a lot about him"

GETTY: "His eyes tell me that he loves me"

MIA: "He never judges me and he wants me around and will never leave me"
CY: "He supports me and lifts me up"



10. Something Dad has taught me? 
MK: "To be nice"
CAM: "To help others"
GETTY: "A little about cars, a lot about empathy, generosity, being a father, where your priorities need to be"


MIA: "Clean as you go when you're cooking"

CY: "Laughing at yourself and just being happy and being true to yourself and not to judge other people" 

11. Dad's favorite song? 
MK: "'Most People Are Good'" 
CAM: "'Craig,' 'Craig,'... ya 'Craig'" 
GETTY: "'God Gave Me You'" 

MIA: "A lot of country, a lot of Bare Naked Ladies, like 'Easy'" 

CY: "'Never Coming Down' with Keith Urban or 'Knee Deep' or 'I Love This Life' as a family song"

12. Something crazy about Dad? 
MK: "He likes to let the water run down his mouth to his shirt"
Cam: "He's always silly and does things to make me laugh"

GETTY: "He's just a silly dude. He can be goofy, and I get a lot of my humor from him. And when he's silly, he's super silly"


MIA: "When he dances"

CY: "If you get him in a mood, everything he does is silly"



13. What is Dad's favorite show? 
MK: "AFV, Simpsons, Law & Order"
CAM: "Law & Order"
GETTY: "Seinfeld"
MIA: "Simpsons and Law & Order, and all the food network shows"
CY: "Now it's Law & Order, but back then it was the Simpsons"

14. My favorite thing to do with Dad? 
MK: "Discussion/banter about gospel topics or playing sports like pickle ball"

CAM: "Like, help out in the garage"
GETTY: "Him taking something he likes to do and doing it with him"
MIA: "Listen to music and share music with each other"
CY: "Listen to country music and eat food"

15. What Dad does that means the most to me?
MK: "Tells me he's proud of me"

CAM: "Looking out for me, making food for me and helping out"
GETTY: "Puts us kids and our mama in front of himself always"


MIA: "He never judges us and supports us with whatever we want to do and is always there for us, and he works his booty off"
CY: "Supports me in everything I do and teaches me how to be better" 

16. If you could go anywhere with Dad where would it be? 
MK: "I would go watch him play volleyball"
CAM: "Hawaii,... because I like Hawaii"
GETTY: "England, where Grandma was going to take me"
MIA: "Oregon, because he served his mission there"
CY: "Hawaii, because he's always down for adventures"



17. Before Dad had kids, his favorite thing to do was? Getty was stumped, haha. Everyone else said, "Volleyball."


THE END





He's just the cutest!! 😍

No comments: