Blog Template

Monday, October 21, 2019

Mom and Pops

 Our Lucy girl at her 1st birthday party!


Still get to babysit this dollface regularly




My Megan, who bikes with me MWF

This is how it goes when I work out without her...
I turn into a wild animal


 And Rob and I are still going strong 
on our Saturday hikes

Silver Lake



The north side of Horsetail

Elle, with her 4 short years of life, has already managed to become famous post-mortem. A couple biographical chapters on her life and death have been published. Overachiever 😂 








Carrie, the author, wanted to get some of the people in the book together for lunch one day, so we did!
It was a power lunch. So much to talk about, not enough time, but we instantly related on so many levels. I re-read the book as soon as I could after I met everyone. Real love there.



And then there was this family of five living in our basement window well for several days...


I called animal control. No luck. I called pest control. Yes, you are welcome to pay a $200 assessment fee plus $200 per coon for a total of $1,200 for removal. Or, we can pay pest control to drop a scent down the window well to drive them out, and that will cost a mere $500.

In the end, I figured the coons had fallen in and were trapped, so I found a long board to lower into the well, and within a couple minutes, the starved mama slowly walked up the plank and left to find a new home. Hours later she returned for her babies. End of story. Yes I think I'm awesome. And Rob loves me on a deeper level.



Rob's new work warehouse. His building expanded from 10,000 square feet to 20,000 and now to 60,000. So proud of the hard work he puts in!











All this growth represents a ton of custom work with impossible deadlines and the blood, sweat, and tears that went along with it 😅 
Go Daddy Go!!

No comments: