Blog Template

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

CAM's Drawrings and Other Goings On...

Christmastime gingerbread making 
contest with the youth...

Cy and Cam find fun stuff to do together whenever boredom hits... brudders, awwww
Cy👆... 😂


        Cam 👇singing in the halls of the middle school

Boys meeting up to draw? 😍 

I asked Cam to show me some of his current favorite drawrings (said with a drawl) for your viewing pleasure...





He's so good! About a month ago, I begged him to please teach me to sketch. He told me to choose a face I didn't know because the sketch is bound to look different from the face you know so well, and then you pick your drawing apart. So, I chose someone who reminds me of Elle. Cam sat next to me and gave me step-by-step instructions while sketching her, too... 

Cam didn't finish his sketch, but you can tell how skilled he is! Meanwhile I had to erase whole sections of her face a few times....

More than ever I can appreciate what a natural he is...

He has such a natural and effortless artistry. I am so particular about getting every line correct that it interferes with how genuine it looks, but I like how it turned out! 

Then I commissioned him to replicate a painting in a digital medium and had Rob print and frame it for my kitchen...


I saw a family picture he stylized and asked Rob to print that one for over the mantle. 
I've got resources, man 😉


Love it, Cam!


No comments: