Blog Template

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Our 30th Anniversary!

Best anniversary! Rob and I took a road trip up through Montana to Coeur d'Alene for our 30th to bike a 53-mile scenic stretch.

On the way, we stopped for a hike in Montana





Huckleberry shakes are a thing in those parts—good stuff!
 
Rob wanted me to be sure to document 
the food he enjoyed this trip




I want to post this in my house:

The main event: 53-mile bike ride in perfect weather with lakes and mountain forests all along the way


Pit stop

Spotted a moose

Second and last pit stop






I think I ate that whole pizza myself that night


The next day we hit the Trail of the Hiawatha, 
the "Most Scenic Trail in U.S.A."

The "Crown Jewel of Rail-to-Trail Adventures," the 15-mile trail of the Hiawatha was a former railroad route through the mountains and includes 7 trestles (bridges) and 10 train tunnels. The ride starts with a 1.6 mile long tunnel that is pitch black and full of mud puddles.  







The third day we drove to Washington
 to tube down the Spokane river.



... and paddle board that afternoon

 Topped it off with a nap together 
under this canopy of trees

Downtown market back in Coeur d'Alene

We had the best time together!

Rob's anniversary texts ...















A snapshot of our last 30 years...

























It's you and me forever, Amen!!


No comments: