Blog Template

Thursday, February 4, 2010

P as in ... Pneumonia

McKenzie told me last week as I lay near death, "You look ... scary. Like so scary that I don't even want to be in the same room with you." 
I almost posted a photo, but McKenzie cautioned against it. I guess you should be grateful. I didn't check my look in the mirror, so I wouldn't know. I'm picturing skin so pale it looks blue, dark circles under the eyes, a stringy-haired bun on top of my head, and a pained expression as I hack, hack, hack away. I bet Rob finds me especially attractive during those days—all snuggled up in bed with an inhaler in one hand and a roll of toilet paper in the other, sheets soaked in sweat, teeth chattering.... 
McKenzie's terrified; just imagine what the toddlers are thinking...
And therein lies my point—
scary is good if it means some good, 
old-fashioned 
alone time.

8 comments:

Linda Barton said...

bummer....sorry you are sick! I hope the alone time is worth it!

Marianne said...

Ha ha! How can you always seem to look on the bright side of things? I'm SO sorry you're sick. Moms don't really get sick days, do they? At least you can cough and sleep the days away until you're back on your feet. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Alone time is great! Sorry you have to be sick to get some! Get feeling better quick! :)

Carrie said...

alone time good, sick bad, hope you are feeling better

Crystal said...

Hope you get feeling better soon!

Mike said...

Wow--do you really have pneumonia? Like they took photos of your lungs and everything? I'm sorry you're so sick. Having to rely on pneumonia for alone time IS pretty old-fashioned, Renne! Next time don't take such drastic measures--just tell Rob you need some "me time"! Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Okay, weird--somehow I was signed in as Mike instead of me for that last comment...he's been "tweaking" my applications on the laptop again...not that we don't both hope you are feeling better soon, of course:)

Kersten said...

That is sooo not the best way to get alone time. I hope you are already feeling better.