Blog Template

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Later, Cub Scouts...

I didn't grow up in a scouting family. More like an anti-scouting family. We didn't camp out. Ever. Not in a tent, a trailer, or even an RV. Never a hike or a fishing trip. I did, however, attend girls' camp. And I recall that my mom and two sisters hiked Timpanogos with the Young Women one year. All in all, pretty weak.
Rob and I have kept up the tradition. I like toilets. And hot showers. Rob likes his bed. For Fathers & Sons, Rob insists on sleeping in the Burb.
Yet, here comes the next generation schooling us in what it takes to earn a Webelos badge and Arrow of Light. We've got a lot to learn. And this boy's the one to teach us.


Crossing the bridge to Boy Scouts.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Congrats Mr. Getty. We sure miss him around here.