Blog Template

Saturday, June 26, 2010

My New Obsession


Just finished what is now my favorite book on the planet, "Jane Eyre." You probably read it in college. I, on the other hand, was an English major who didn't read it, along with many other assigned classics. But I read tons of Cliff's Notes, so it's all good, right?
So, Jane Eyre. I know, it's a departure from my norm: Life Strategies, Clean in a Minute, How to Handle 1000 Things at Once, How to Make Your Child a Winner, How to Teach Your Child about SEX, etc. Regardless, I'm telling you I cannot give any higher recommendation than to this brilliant, suspenseful, and moral book.

And, to top it off, you can watch Timothy Dalton in the BBC version of Jane Eyre (stick with it through the painfully dull portrayal of her youth—it gets much better), and the Masterpiece Theatre 2006 version, both of which are well worth watching. The 1996 William Hurt version looks good, too. If you love Jane Eyre. And I do. Watch one. Watch them all. AFTER you read the best book on the PLANET. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Okay, I remember thinking when you originally posted about Jane Eyre, "I don't think I have ever read it". So I just finished it and loved it. I am in the middle of the BBC version (its like 6 hours long). But very good pick.