Blog Template

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Few (—er, Several) Things About Me...

Always sit in my stand-up shower, and on rare bad days, I lay down
Agonize over what to wear every single day, because I have to hit my mood right on
(ever see George Costanza’s “Morning Mist” outfit? I totally relate).
Opposite of a procrastinator. Dread entertaining because so much of it has to be done last minute.
Flip out every so often to keep the kids on their toes
Stomp around when I'm mad
Fear being misunderstood
Put off going to bed as long as possible and when I finally lay down, think, "Why didn't I do this sooner?" x 41 years
Think patience is a stupid virtue. Patience with others enables them to be stupid for waaay too long. haha (...but, uh, be patient with me, cuz you know...)
Still use my IHC nursing mug as my personal binky and keep ice water in it all day
Try to do as little as possible before noon and as much as possible until midnight
Plan to age gracefully (or whatever it is when you're not graceful)
Love texting
Best junk food: potato chips and onion dip, Rob's malts, Costco cheesecake
Drink hot Ovaltine every day 9 months of the year
Have read most of Dr. Phil's books. Love his fairness, insight, compassion, no-nonsense approach, problem-solving, and optimism
Memorized beach scene in Rocky III.
"At first, I didn't care about what happened. I'd go in the ring, get bust up. But now there's you and the kid. I don't wanna lose what I got! - What do we have that can't be replaced? What? A house. We got cars. Money. We got everything but the truth. What's the truth, dammit?! - I'm afraid! All right? You wanna hear me say it? You wanna break me down? I'm afraid...." bahahaha
Was a few seconds from being run over by a train
Work from a Daily Plan sheet most days
Love the temple. Hoping it will protect my kids.
Believe exercise is the gift that keeps on giving. Have exercised 3x a week for about 25 years, minus the combined five years I was pregnant. (During those years I made up for it by doing as little as physically possible.) Favorites: kickboxing, running, Exercise tv. Indoor soccer would be FUNNER if I was GOODER. No go: at home on a treadmill.
Don't mind doing anything alone, except eating in a restaurant. Would go to a movie alone.
Love the quiet (driving alone in the car or at night when everyone's asleep)
Hate grocery shopping. What's to love? Grocery list, which means menu and inventory check; buy boring stuff; unload on the conveyor belt; unload into your car; unload from your car to your kitchen; put it all away. It's the chore that never ends. Rob loves it because he gets to compare prices on a hundred items. Not catching that vision....
Listen to Pandora Bon Jovi station during work outs, then scriptures during cool down. (Now that's just twisted....)
Favorite recent quote, "Saints are sinners who keep trying." Yesssssss.
"Favorite" G.A.'s: Holland, Uchtdorf, and Oaks
Career ambition: Be the awesomest grandma called "Nana" ever.
Other ambition: Go on missions with Rob, where he does all the work, and I'm just there for moral support, BUT I get full celestialized blessings.

(That was for you, Linda and Crystal ;)

9 comments:

Jenni said...

Lovr this post Lorenne! It was fun to get to know you better. Hope your family is doing wonderful (but misses us just a little:))...

Crystal said...

You're awesome! Thanks for posting all about you. You are an amazing woman, and I really miss having you as a Visiting Teacher so that you can tell me all you learned from Dr. Phil books. (Now I guess I'll have to read them myself) You always seemed to know what to say to help me with some problem I was having. I miss you and your family!

Linda Barton said...

I'm not sure I understand...
scared ya'..didn't I!!!

Lorenne, I will never forget the day I knew we would be good friends(because until that day you intimidated me). I love your advice, wisdom and knowledge. I am a better person for knowing you and it's safe to say that the world is a better place because of you. Now all that betterness (it's a word, google it) is living through your children and will keep going forever.
Love you!
Linda :)

Kersten said...

I LOVE this!! You are one incredible lady. Miss you a ton!!

Heather said...

I didn't know you were so hilarious Lorenne! Rocky scene.. super funny! I'm glad we can keep in touch even though I'm miles away.

Jen V said...

You are the funniest ever!!

I am going to post about "things about me" b/c of your inspiration!! You will laugh so hard at how much we have in common...

XOXO

Jacqui said...

This is a fabulous post. I agree with Linda--you are slightly intimidating because you are so fab! I love that you have a daily planning sheet that you live by and you LIVE the goals you set. Seriously inspirational. Maybe more so than intimidating. ;)

Okay, so how is November 5th for a night out on the town? Let me know. If I don't schedule, nothing happens!

Scott said...

Great post! I loved all the "What I know about.." posts! That's a talent to know and understand people so well, including yourself!

Megan

Scott said...

Great post! I loved all the "What I know about.." posts! That's a talent to know and understand people so well, including yourself!

Megan