Blog Template

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Conference Weekend

Clint and Cassie came with their kids to stay overnight during General Conference weekend. It was the most relaxing and uplifting weekend I've spent in a long time. Saturday was gorgeous, and the kids played outside all day while the four of us spread out on couches and soaked in the inspiration.

We had a lot to talk about over dinner at Blue Lemon. Clint and Cassie are moving to Hawaii indefinitely. Clint made us commit to visiting at least once a year. Done deal ;)

We also talked about an article in the March “Ensign” about a family in a similar situation to ours. The father was an electrical engineer who had purchased stock in the company he worked for. Several years later, the company sold, and he made many times his initial investment. He and his wife lived in a modest home and had just had their sixth child. They decided to give HALF of that money to LDS philanthropies. HALF.

We need to do more.

On Sunday we girls cooked up four batches of spaghetti sauce and two breakfast casseroles. It's my favorite "double-batch dinners" method to stock the freezer. Love days I don't have to cook dinner. Makes me love the days I do have to cook dinner. 

We're usually only home for dinner on Fast Sundays, so that's when I make sure I get some cooking lessons in for the girls. I don't recommend this. Man are we grouchy when our stomachs are rumbling. But, this Sunday was just pure fun.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Indefinitely?? Somehow I missed that the Wadsworth's move is indefinite, although I guess it does make sense. Somehow in my mind I thought they'd be there, oh, a couple of years and then be back to UT. :(

Conference weekend is the best. I think we petition the Church to do it quarterly!

Kersten said...

What??? Clint and Cass are moving to Hawaii??? When?