Blog Template

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

February 4th, 2012


Friday, Elle met her newest cousin, Bentley, for the first and last time.

February 4th was a Saturday. Elle wouldn't move her necklace for Grandpa's photo, because she wanted to be a pirate.
Grandma was loving on her granddaughter as we watched Cy tear it up on the basketball court.

He's pretty entertaining :)

That's better.

I was chatting with a friend and telling her, "Rob and I were just saying to each other how hard life is, ...and we have a great life!" Elle was yelling because I wouldn't let her play with my phone, so I put her in time-out by the bleachers.

Grandma and Grandpa rescued Elle and left at halftime with her to watch MK's Jr. Jazz game.
MK went for intimidation on the court with her black eye and huge tatt. She got it (the tatt) from Nickel City on her date with the Five and the PG boys.

After Cy's game, I went to the gym with Mia, and when Elle got home, she asked Rob to drop her off at her friend, Sienna's, instead of taking her grocery shopping with him like usual. When I got home, Elle was still playing at Sienna's, and I showered and got dressed. I puttered around the kitchen. Rob was stretched out on the couch watching tv in the family room. MK and Cy were in the front room watching "Fresh Prince of Bel Air." Cam was at his friend Isaac's house, and Getty was at Cole's. I stood leaning back on the kitchen desk. The day felt unusually open, and I asked Mia if she wanted to go shopping at the new H&M store at the mall with my gift certificate. Then I folded my arms and just...waited.

That's when our neighbor frantically rang the doorbell and ran into the house yelling, "Call 911! It's your daughter!"

Life-changing events take place on ordinary days.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow...I was enjoying reading about your ordinary day. My mom and I were talking the other night about how wonderful it will be on the other side and even as thin as the veil is, there is still a veil that clouds our minds of what we have to come. I told my mom that we all say, "We would die so our kids could live" when really, Elle is the one who is so happy and not enduring the trials of mortlity. We miss them so much while we are on earth, and their is a veil. It makes it so hard. Isn't it amazing that we knew of the trials we would face in this life before coming here to earth, and we chose to accept them and come anyway? What a wonderful day when we can all "see the big picture" again and be together, reunited as families.
My heart aches for you, I think about you all the time and remember back to when I was having baby Elle's towel made after she was born. I remember asking Cy, who was sitting at my kitchen counter, "How do you spell your baby sisters name?" To which he replied, "It's easy...'L'". He was so cute and it made me smile.
Thinking of you and praying for your peace and comfort. *Loves*

Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenni said...

P.S. That was my deleted comment, I accidentally posted it twice.
P.P.S. Remember when you posted on my blog when I was debating holding Trevan back in school and wrote, "This is the longest comment in blog history?" I think I may have just topped it! :)

Linda Barton said...

It's hard to believe it's been one month. I hope you are finding the peace and comfort you need. love you

Nathan Lyman said...

I am Linda Morgan's daughter and came across your blog through Rekehl Joshnon. Your daughter Mia and my son Spencer were in preschool at Rekehl's together many years ago. :). I am so sorry about your sweet little girl..but like Jenni said, she is the one that is happy now...and it will be nice to see the big picture one day. I enjoy reading about your family.

Shelley said...

Isn't it so crazy to look back at life sometimes and think about how one moment can change our lives forever? I was sweeping the kitchen floor the moment life changed for me. You never forget. And you look at the pictures from before the "moment" and want to just warn yourself about what is coming. It is strange to look at yourself in the photos and know that something that will have such a huge impact on your life and will change you as a person forever isn't even a part of you at that moment yet. It makes me always wonder what is still coming. Wow. Our Heavenly Father sure has a lot of trust in us and we are stronger than we think.

Anonymous said...

It is almost surreal that something so monumentally pivotal would take place like that--no dramatic music, nothing in slow motion. Your post reminds me that every ordinary moment can become extraordinary--either with events not in our control, or by the way we respond to our family and friends every day. Those small moments make up a lifetime of....life.