Blog Template

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Jenga Memories

I asked the busy elementary school counselor to meet with the boys whenever she could, so they met every other Wednesday for a couple of months until school got out. One day the counselor played Jenga with them. With each block the boys removed, they told something they missed about Elle.

Getty: I miss doing spider with Elle on the swings


Another block: I miss when Elle would sneak into my bedroom at night and lay by me. I'd say, "Did Mommy say you could lay by me?" She'd say, "Just can I lay by you?"

Cy: I miss the loudness in our house

Cam: I miss playing with her in the mornings

Cy remembered that a couple of hours before Elle's accident, he had left the house to go to Luke's. Elle opened the door and called to him in the garage, "Don't forget the Hug Rule!" Cy told her, "I'll do it when I come back." But she insisted, "No!" and ran to him and hugged him :)

Emily sent me this photo and said she'd remembered that Elle and Sienna were playing dress-up the day of the accident. Elle's clip-on earrings fell off like 20 times, and Emily put them on over and over again, while Elle explained how much she wanted her ears "peered."
When you come back to me, we'll go and get your ears peered (just as soon as they can peel me off of you—it may take years :)