Blog Template

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Mother's Day


Mia gave me a card that I read aloud in the car on the ride home from church:

Mother's Day Present
• One 10-minute back/foot rub
• Two free chores (your choice)
• One free "Lorenne Night"
(I babysit and make dinner, so you can go out and do anything)
• One free whatever you want
LOVE YOU!

Mia turns to Getty and says, "Beat that Mother's Day gift."
To which he responds, "All of that, plus one penny. Ohhhhhhh!"
(clever)

To which MK responds, "Our funny's family." (?)

On the ride over to the cemetery, Rob asked the kids to tell me something they like about me for Mother's Day. Mia said she is glad that I dress Sporty and not Prep.

I have no idea what that means. But, if she's glad, I'm glad :)

1 comment:

Luana said...

Hi Lorenne,
You don't know me obviously, but until 3 weeks ago when they split the ward, I was in Brittany's ward. I found out about your daughter Elle on Brittany's Facebook and saw that you have a personal blog to which I paid a visit. Just wanted to say I am really enjoying reading your blog and offer my deepest regret to you and your family at the loss of your sweet baby girl. Thanks for sharing so much of your personal life and giving hope and strength to many in blogasphere (don't know if that is a real word) who read your story!