Blog Template

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Elle's Above Us

Just a few weeks before her death, Elle drew this picture of herself above the rest of our family. She labeled herself, and Cam labeled the rest under her direction. Hmmmmm.


One night I was crying too hard to not be overheard, so I crept down into the unfinished basement and sat in our papasan chair. After a little while, I looked to my right and saw this wooden beam—it was covered in Elle's signature. Most of the time she drew her E's with multiple lines (to make her point :). I had never noticed those basement drawings before. I like to think it was her way of telling me she's nearby.

I love that girl so much.
On the other side of the beam, Cam had drawn a smiley face. It seemed to say, "Be happy!"


Cam is a pretty wise kid, so I decided to take his advice, and then headed upstairs to bed to escape into sleep.

Sometimes Elle comes to play with me in my dreams. We are always so happy to see each other. I crouch down to her level and hug her tight for a long time. Then we giggle and play. One time, after we had played for awhile, she told me she had to go home. I knew she meant Heaven.
I waved good-bye, knowing I'd see her again soon.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for your beautiful posts, we love to read them. We also love Getty's very versatile hair. :)

Martell said...

So beautiful Lorenne. :) xo

Jenni said...

How wonderful to dream of her! You're just amazing...

Kersten said...

Oh sweetness, I believe with all my soul that those visits are real and not just dreams. I've been visited by my Grandfather and I know how it felt. She knows how much you miss her and wants to comfort you. This is just a blink in your existence with her. You are amazing and I know you will be with her again. Love you.