Blog Template

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Stuff Elle and I did together...

I'm working on a blog book called, "Elle's Edition," to give to each of the kids for Elle's birthday in November. It will contain all of the Elle-related posts in more detail and a bunch of our favorite pictures and memories of her. I think when the kids get older, they might appreciate having access to exactly what happened at this time in their young lives. I also wanted to include a post of some of the things Elle and I had done together during the month(s) before the accident:

Elle and I gathered up all of her Barbie's (about 10) and all the nail polish we had in the house and painted bikini's on her nude Barbie dolls with nail polish. Elle picked out the color and chose the Barbie, I polished, then she flipped the Barbie over for more paint and critiqued my work (she liked being in charge ;)
Elle had such great hair for a four-year-old, and she would let me mess with it most of the time. My favorite new do was a bubble braid. After her hair was done, she'd admire herself in the mirror, talk to her imaginary fans, pose, and then kiss herself on the lips.
I had spent some time looking up a bunch of hairdo ideas for little girls and typed up several to refer to in the mornings when I would do her hair. (Don't laugh—list-making is my curse.)
When the kids were all at school, we'd get our aprons on, and she would help me make dinner, adding ingredients and stirring.

We would play "Go Fish" and "Old Maid" with her Disney Princess decks of cards in the afternoons. She would scream in mock terror whenever she got the Old Maid Ursula card and then laugh hysterically when I got it.

When we ran errands, she'd hold my hand in the parking lot and would be interested in whatever shop we were in and not get bored. I preferred to take her with me than go alone on most errands, which is saying something for a 4-yr-old. She was fun to be around and didn't cause problems.

And she was so darn cute.

No comments: