Blog Template

Monday, October 14, 2013

Organizing is fun for crazy people...

Megan's great idea to put all of her kids' school pictures in one binder sparked the manic organizer in me and morphed into a triple album project. In case you're wondering... I have about 16 family albums, plus a baby book or two for each of the six kids, one for Rob's growing up years and one for mine, and a courtship/wedding album. If we ever had to abandon the house in an emergency, we wouldn't have room for people in the car. But that's not why I did this. Have I mentioned I love to organize? Just checking. So, I sifted through our 25-ish albums and condensed them into these babies:

SCHOOL PICTURES
Some favorites:

           Kindergarten                                          1st Grade
Little Anna, as she was called all through elementary school (another McKenzie in her K class).


                    6th Grade                                            7th Grade
             Mia, Kindergarten                                         1st Grade 
Mia wanted her hair cut like Aunt Britt's bob but started mourning for her ponytail that very night.

                             6th Grade                                                7th Grade
Biggest change in a year, 6th to 7th grade. Mia made the leap from kid to teen.

             Getty, Pre-school                                      Kindergarten 
                    4th Grade                                                5th Grade

.
Cy's biggest change. Baby face kindergartener to 1st grade kid. 
                  Short                                                          Long
                 Hair at ease.                         Hair standing at attention. 








.

KIDS THROUGH THE YEARS
This album includes only studio or formal pictures of the kids. Here's a few:




.

Mini Mia (not a studio pic, but a keeper). Healthiest kid in the family and always has been. Went home from the hospital three days after she was born.

M&M noticed Mia's mouth corners turn up and MK's turn down. Ironic, since MK's got a perma grin while Mia's famous for her scowl.
3 month old Getty
Biggest change, from 4th to 5th grade
Cy's bulldog cheeks. I miss those!


Oh my gosh, I just want to squeeze him...
Elle posed like she'd been modeling for years 



.

FAMILY (and couple) PICS album:

Rob dyed his hair blond for his Caesar cut, and my hair looks red(?)


Thanksgiving with Mia as a newborn. I swear I lived in those overalls... because they were so flattering and all....
By next Christmas you see how Mia's personality developed...








.

Couple Pics
These beauties were photos for our wedding invitations. Hmmmmm... and I thought a white t-shirt would be most appropriate...
1st anniversary Glamour Shots! haha I love Rob's blush and super coiffed hair. Rob won the sitting in a volleyball tournament. That's all we did in those days—school, work, and volleyball (he played and I cheered).
And my project is done....

Now what?

5 comments:

Linda Barton said...

WOW! That is so worth the effort! I loved it, I remember your kids looking like some of those pics. If you ever run out of organizing at your house, my offer still stands......

Kersten said...

1. I need your organizing skills because I have none.
2. Who did your family pics? The ones with Elle? They are so amazing.

Mia said...

Kersten,
1. I need your roller derby skills because you are the Celtic queen!
2. I just ask one of my sisters (not professionals) and use a decent camera. That's all!

Linda Barton said...

BTW, I was at Rose Creek today and McKenzie's kindergarten pic still hangs by ms. Greens old room. I saw her cute little 5 year old face today

Heather said...

The engagement pics look like Getty and MK! So jealous of the fruits of your organizational skills... I really need to brush mine up.