Blog Template

Friday, February 7, 2014

Elle Day

Cy asked me, "So, February 8th is Elle's 'Angel Day,' but what are 
we going to call February 4th, the day she had the accident?"

Hmmmm. "Maybe on the 4th, we could celebrate 
her 4 years of life and call it 'Elle Day.'"



Per our new traditions, the kids wore pink to school.



We drank pink milk. It's amazing what the wrong color does for your appetite.


We lit Elle's candle at 4:11 p.m.




Emily and Stephanie brought us dinner, because they're awesome like that.


We played the Candy Bar game (Mia was cheering at basketball away games).




And the day ended with Cam singing "Everything is awesome!"
over and over again in the shower.


I asked the elementary school counselor if she could talk to Cam and Cy this week.
She asked them, "This may sound like a funny question, but what don't you miss about Elle?"

They told me they couldn't come up with anything.
(makes me cry)
Finally Cy said, "Well, I guess if I had to pick something
I'd say I don't miss her slamming doors." :)


She asked, "How is your life different now? How has Elle's death changed you?"

Cy said, "I work harder."

"Why is that?"


 "Because I want Elle to know I'm not giving up."



2 comments:

Linda Barton said...

You have an incredible family! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this tough time.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Beautiful, stunning, and inspiring! Love you.