Blog Template

Friday, December 11, 2015

Thanksgiving, 2015


Rob being so cute and helpful...

Kids Table

The littlest (and cutest) member of the Evans' clan

Marrieds Table

Teens/Singles Table


These two....





Time for pie...

Elle's Hideout is being properly watched over 


Rob doing dishes—doesn't want me to get "overworked";) He's a real man.  


After dinner Candy Bar game



I tried to go to bed early that night, but fell asleep sometime after midnight. 

...Because it was BLACK FRIDAY!!

M&M and I left about 2:00 a.m., headed over to Hackings to pick up Ireland, and set out for the Park City outlets. 

Shopping ensues. 

More shopping... 

and again we're shopping....

still... shopping... 
[shopping at the Lehi outlets later on with Rob and Mia]

About 9:00 a.m. we go for all-you-can-eat French Toast at Kneaders. We got home about 11:00 a.m., and my plan was to take a long winter's nap. 

But it was time for more fun. Mike showed up, and he and Rob and I talked all day about the 3 Zen true states of being, which, I believe, translate to the influence of the Holy Ghost. They are: acceptance, peace, and joy. And we talked about false states of being and how to step back and "observe" those negative/false thoughts and feelings and then let them go, so your brain can problem-solve unencumbered by anger, fear, doubt, etc. 

Pretty sure that conversation changed my life. 

Then we all went to dinner with Michele. 


And then I got friendly with my bed.



1 comment:

Linda Barton said...

M&M always made me wish Katelyn had a sister, they are too cute! Your Thanksgiving looked wonderful. Thanks for blogging, I miss you but feel like I can keep up on how things go with the fam. And you motivate me to, quite possibility, consider maybe occasionally blogging haha Love you!!