Blog Template

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Oxy-MORON

Never eaten more nutritiously in my life and have never had less energy. And, here’s the topper: Not losing weight. It’s true I normally don’t lose much weight until 4 months postpartum, but c’mon! Where is the love? Our family New Year’s resolution was a challenge to see how long each of us could go without eating sugar, which quickly evolved into a no junk food policy, including chips, candy, pop, ice cream, and baked goods (cakes, cookies, donuts). Actually, we cheat with Great Harvest whole-wheat chocolate chip cookies (recipe on-line) and milkshakes made with no sugar added vanilla ice cream and 100% orange or grape juice concentrate. Yum! Anywho, I made a deal with the kids. No junk food for 2 weeks, I’ll pay you $10. No junk food until MK’s birthday, I’ll pay you $100. One year, you get $200. Safe bet, right? Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween, Christmas, and birthday were exempt. However, if you stayed with the program even on holidays, you would be paid a “healthy” bonus. Getty lasted 5 days, Mia lasted 9, Cy’s still on a “soft” program (but don’t tell him that), and, as of today, February 28th, MK’s going strong! I told the kids I’d stick to it until the very last one cracked. Rob jumped aboard (the “soft” program—but don’t tell him that . . . ).

I tried out a website that featured state-of-the-art face recognition technology and downloaded several pictures to determine two things: one, which parent each of our kids looks most like, and two, to see which celebrities they most resemble. Here are the results of the parent "Look-alike Meter.”

Results from our most recent family photo, Spring ’06:
MK Looks 31% more like Mom
Mia Looks 12% more like Mom
Getty Looks equally like Mom and Dad
Cy Looks 23% like Mom
Cam Looks 20% like Mom
Elle Looks 4% more like Dad

My celebrity look-alikes: Albert Einstein (Whoa—seriously), Viggo Mortenson (“Hidalgo”), Choi Ji-woo and several other Asian women. I have no words.

2 comments:

Hacking Highlights said...

Read my comment to your comment on my blog. I think you need to eat some fat in your diet! Moderation in all things.

Jen V said...

So, we love your blog. J & M request to see the video of "Funny Getty" several times a day. What a HAM! They also love to see pics of their cousins.