Blog Template

Monday, November 30, 2009

Shun, Tolerate, then Embrace




Hard (uncooked) Ramen. And when I say "hard" I mean tooth-shattering. This is the lunch my boys crave. I don't know who invented it. I refused to serve it for months—it's just not right. Then I caved... and regretted it almost immediately as I noticed about two hundred bits scattered across the kitchen. Then I had a brilliant idea. (I'm brilliant, you know.) If the bowl is LARGE enough, it contains much of the mess. 
Thus, Hard Ramen is served upon request.

5 comments:

Brit H. said...

You've gotta try it the way that I do. Crush up the noodles in the bag, the pour into a bowl. Put just enough water over the dry noodles to barely cover them. Put in the micro for 3 minutes. Add the flavoring. The noodles cook, but you have no broth. It's great. I love it, Craig loves it, the kids love it. Voila!

Jacqui said...

Jeff loves them that way--dry with the powder sprinkled on the noodles. Must be a guy thing.

Heather said...

That...looks... well, it doesn't look appetizing at all! Good job on the monster bowl, though!

Kersten said...

My kids love that too. They also like them cooked and I hate it when they eat them uncooked, I always find them all over the house.

Rachel said...

That is sooo funny! Easton's Fav, food is uncooked ramen, ugh. I ask him to at least have an apple with it LOL