Blog Template

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Family Testimony Meeting

On Fast Sundays for the past several years, we've had our own family Fast & Testimony meeting in the family room before dinner.

I like that it gives our kids practice speaking in front of a group. But what I love is, it gives Rob and I a glimpse into their testimonies and an idea of the stage they're in. I love that we hear about things we wouldn't have otherwise been privy to. And I love that the kids get to hear each other bear testimony of the lessons they heard that day or experiences they've had with prayer.
Some testimony meetings the kids just go through the motions, but the times we see spirituality glowing in their faces is just sweet satisfaction.
I love that Rob and I have the chance to share our own testimonies with our kids. Mine is always too long and boring...



But then Rob gets all worked up, exhorting us about hellfire and damnation :)

1 comment:

Brit H. said...

Awesome. I'm going to have to implement that.