Blog Template

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Wednesday (Backwards)

9 p.m. Late dinner. Scotty's in town! It's been over a year since we've had any contact. He's been living in L.A. without a phone, working security, and loving his privacy. We've missed him! He came back to get his Jeep and kitties. He told us about the time he got jumped by four gang-bangers. He tackled the first guy who swung at him and was taking care of business while the banger's buddies punched Scotty's head 20 or 30 times from behind and the girlfriend kicked him repeatedly with her high heels. Finally an off-duty cop grabbed Scotty and ducked him back into the club for cover. All this while the Head of Security stood back and watched. Now Scotty has that guy's job and his full-time hours. 

He keeps busy before work drawing, painting, and teaching himself the bass guitar so he can join Nate's band. Also, looking forward to being able to afford his first hot shower at his apartment in 10 months :) Looks great and seems happier than he's been in years. (That update was for you, Jen :)
M&M lovin' their Uncle Scotty.
Noon. Lunch with my high school girlfriends. If it weren't for them, I never would have had any fun in high school. Tracey would say, "Let's go toilet-papering or drive around the neighborhood! [age 14]" She said I'd always say, "No! We'll get in so much trouble!" Glad she stuck with me :)
10:57 a.m. Cinderella prepares to attend her very first birthday party for princesses for her twin girlfriends.

So, lunch with friends that day = finding someone to pick up Elle from the party, finding someone else to watch Cam, coordinating a drop-off, switching two different carpools, picking up two friends on the way and then dropping them off, then driving to two different cities to pick up those two toddlers. 

I've been a mom for so long now, I've realized it's just easier to not have my own life :) Then again, apparently I'm not big on fun. haha Lunch was definitely worth it. Always is.

1 comment:

Jen V said...

Thanks so much for updating me on Scott!! I've really tried to get ahold of him several times - little stinker:)
I am missing out on too much!!!