Blog Template

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy 21st Anniversary!



Okay, not my car. But I did enjoy doing the Miss America wave throughout the ride :)
So, Rob and I forgot our 21st anniversary this year until two days afterward. We were in Lake Powell that week, and within an hour of arriving home, he re-packed for his 5-day business trip to Chicago. We'll celebrate eventually. In the meantime, I'm posting a few things I love about Rob:

1. I find your blue eyes, blonde eyelashes, and white scruff highly attractive, not to mention the way you look in your BYU hoodie :)
2. I love that you're so even tempered and "moody" isn't even in your ballpark
3. I love that you talk to me for extended periods of time about girl stuff, just to be nice
4. I love our Friday night dinner dates, where we mostly prefer to be with just each other
5. I couldn't ask for a better dad for our kids
6. I always have the feeling that we're in this together—the good, the bad, and the ugly
7. I love that you get just as proud as I do over the kids and you want to hear even the minor details
8. I love the way you write to me in cards
9. I love that you're the kind of man a woman can trust, and I love that our daughters will know for themselves that good men are not just in fairy tales
10. You're a better friend, a better spouse, a better parent, and an all-around better person than I am, which inspires me to be my best self
... but I married better :)


So, since this man of mine returns all gifts, I decided awhile ago to do a service project for him on special days (birthdays, Father's Day, etc.). My anniversary gift to him was a total garage clean-out. I took pictures, so tomorrow when I have to pick my way through an obstacle course of bikes, scooters, muddy shoes, and recyclables, I can take some comfort in the fact that I have proof that it once was neat and tidy.

 Now all we need are some shelves :)


(He also requested that I iron on patches to his jeans, so he doesn't have to buy new ones. See what a waste a gift would be in his world? :)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Anniversary! I always remember yours since it's the day after ours, just 5 years difference. That is a great idea about the service project gift. Mark takes his gifts back about 90% of the time too so this would be a great idea for us.

Linda Barton said...

happy anniversary! 21 years is awesome!