Blog Template

Monday, April 23, 2012

Getty's Funeral Letter to Elle

Dear: ELLE you were and still are the best sister a boy could ask for. I remember how many times I thought to myself if I could have a dollar every time you made me laugh I'd have over 1,000,000,000,000. I remember how much you listened and danced to music it was priceless. If I could have one more memory with you it would be us dancing like crazy people!

Even though you've passed on I know you'll always be with me. It was God's plan for you to die at that certain moment and I'll have to wait to find out why but when I'm still on earth I'd like to have you with me at hard times to help me when I'm struggling and just be with me at random times.

I love you sooo very much and when I die I want you and Jesus standing there and prepare yourself for the biggest hug ever!

from: getty
(age 12)














3 comments:

Linda Barton said...

I remember that I didn't start crying uncontrollably until Getty read his letter. I was impressed with his tremendous amount of faith and courage. You and Rob have some pretty wonderful kids!

Martell said...

Wow! So touching. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I hope your kids have a place with these collections of of photos they share specifically with Elle. What a blessing to have so many to look at.