Blog Template

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

MK's Funeral Letter to Elle


Dear Elle-a-ria,
My spoiled baby sis. I will always love & remember you. I will remember your fanatic love for Justin Bieber, blasting music in your room & all your performances, your secret crushes on Cody C., Tanner H., and Chase H., who you always called Chase Handsome.


I will remember your determination to have things your way, you coming in early every Saturday morning asking if you can play on my phone & many other memories I will treasure forever. I don't know how many times Mia & I have talked about how amazing of a dancer you were going to become. In the song "I Can Only Imagine," he asks the question: "Will I dance for you, Jesus?" And I know the answer to that for you is yes of course you will—that's your destiny.


So many people care & love you & I can't express my gratitude enough to my Heavenly Father for allowing us to have you for those 4 precious years. They will be 4 years I never forget. I miss hearing the sound of your books falling off your bed at night, your music blasting, & excitement to see me when I get home from school, & the chance to play Barbies with you. I know you are at home in Heaven & know that you are missed dearly at your home on earth. I will hope & pray & strive every day to do what's necessary to be with you when my time comes. I love you & always will.

Love, your big sister
MK
(age 17)












4 comments:

Martell said...

Just beautiful!

Heather said...

What a sweet big sister. Thanks for including, I was so sad to miss the funeral and I heard so much about the kid's letters. Beautiful.

Kersten said...

All the letters were so touching. I still cry when I read it. Love.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing all of these. It really puts into perspective how valuable every little moment shared with each person we love in our families is. I'm going to go love and kiss on my kids right now.