Blog Template

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Eve, 2012

For Christmas Eve this year, we broke with tradition. No program, no talent show. Instead, we had a rumble.

I had asked MK to put together a DVD of our home videos of Elle to give to Elle's cousins and her best friend for Christmas. When she was done, Rob and I watched it. That's when he stopped talking, and I started crying. Downstairs in the kitchen a rumble was brewing between the kids. I came down and made things worse.

We broke and headed for different corners of the house. Some watched "The Christmas Story," Mia headed for her cave, Cam floated around, and I pounded at some dishes. MK sent a messenger out to ask me if we could open our Christmas jammies. I sent word that we needed to "get happy" first.

We did. (Getty's juss playin')
And Mia likes her space...




Christmas morning was even better...

No comments: