Blog Template

Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Quick Jaunt

Rob and I dared each other to leave the kids with our 18-year-old Mia overnight and fly to San Francisco to watch MK play soccer on the mainland. 

Our "boutique" hotel accommodations
Bonus: it was within walking distance of China town and Fisherman's Wharf. 
Then we got ahold of a tandem bike. It was crowded near the wharf, but Rob's steering strategy is that other people will get out of the way....


My handsome traveling companion. Just look into those baby blues. 
Seriously.

Starting line-up. MK's 4th from the right.
 Worst game I've ever seen. 

Double overtime at zeros. 

And then. 

With 4.7 seconds to go ... 

the other team scored. 
And won. 

Worst game I've ever seen.

And then we took MK to the ER.


You probably shouldn't look at this... okay look—
The doctor assessed her wound and asked about her pain level. She said, "It's at an all-time low."


After a couple hours in the ER, we raced to the airport to head home. 

Gifts for the kids:
 Chinese Healing Balls for Getty (he was ecstatic)




to read to the kids at night


A bracelet for Cam

A No. 2 pencil
Scratch-n-sniff. 
just kidding

Cy and Mia got logo sweatshirts

And for me:




Getty snuck out the night we were gone (which wasn't too surprising), so he'll be my first target....

2 comments:

Linda Barton said...

never a dull moment with you family ;).......

Cassie said...

"Scratch and sniff..." I have actual tears, I burst out laughing so hard! I'm so excited for you to read Wonder with your kids. One of the best books (if not THE best) I've ever read to my kids. I can't begin to tell you how much I love that book. Call me after you're done. We can have our own little book club. ;) Cas