Blog Template

Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Boys, Fall 2014

CY

At the U of U game with Cy and Luke. (And I thought Luke was a huge fan... )

 Clint Shepard (cousin), Defensive Tackle

QB Travis Wilson

 Dres Anderson, Receiver

Don't you think Jase (center) looks like a cross between Ely (left) and Aaron (right)?
 Jase took it as a compliment ;)






Idaho Prep Tourney champs


Check out that height differential—same team; same grade.



Pre-game nutrition boost :/

Rookie Rodney Hood after the Jazz game


CAM

Cam asked Rob one night, "Why does Cy think 'ball is life' when it's really supposed to be a test?"

Then, "You want to live on this earth, but you kind of want to die, because when you die you go to heaven, which is a much better place and you get to see all your long, lost friends." (MK, don't freak out.)



As Cam grows older, he seems to process Elle's death again and again, but with new perspective. 

One day when I was helping him in his bedroom, he suddenly started crying and, after a few minutes, could barely get the words out, "At the time when Elle died... I didn't know it was so serious...." He was sobbing by now, "... I didn't even cry that much."

It's heartbreaking to witness... but necessary and inevitable.







After school one day, Cam said, "You know, I really don't like it when people call me a little kid, because I'm kind of smart but... I am also a little kid."

He is also an old soul.

One night he told me, "I worry about high school and college and being a dad. And I don't even understand banks or taxes."

And here Cam receives a "major award" from the Board of Education. Mr. P presented Cam as the stellar student representative for 3rd grade. He described some of Cam's finer qualities and ended with this statement, "... and I have never heard him speak an unkind word." Wish I could take credit for him....


Fall soccer

Ry and Griff, Cam's two best friends. Favorite position is goalie.

Cam's goal: to collect all of his elementary school's Spirit Sticks


Crazy Hair Day


 

 Crazy Sock Day



Sock beard

GETTY

Rob and John promised Getty, Connor, and Tiago an overnight dirt-biking trip on the condition they read the scriptures every day without missing for 30 days.


On the way home, they stopped for a night swim in the hot pots and zipped up their flashlights in plastic bags so they could explore underwater. Getty said it was like being in outer space—surrounded in darkness, just floating in the dead quiet. 

Knowing Getty, he'll remember that swim for years to come.



No comments: