Blog Template

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Curfewsing

With MK's arrival home post-graduation, Rob and I have been asking parents of young adults living at home for advice on what we should/could reasonably expect as far as any kind of curfew for someone who has obviously lived without parental supervision for years at college. 

The consensus was confusion and doubt. Then again, none of the parents were grappling with an MK—a brand of dedicated all-night socializing rarely seen.

After some weeks of mulling this over, this is what I came up with:


I read it to Rob who agreed and then discussed it with MK, who also agreed but sighed and made faces.
Mia was just happy MK had to have a curfew.

It's posted in the kitchen, so it's official.

Getting MK her own house key was an obvious problem-solver. It took me three years to figure that one out ;) My plan had been staying up til she got home.... 




1 comment:

Jen V said...

Good rules. You are so lucky I wasn't your young adult though! I stayed out until 4am regularly then got up at 5am with Dad to walk and head to work & school.