Blog Template

Sunday, January 7, 2018

My 48th (back in August)

Gifts...
My favorites, labeled for protection 😂

Mia writes the most awesome, thoughtful letters. 
I'm keeping them FOREVER

And this is what I get from my awesome, 
thoughtful boys... haha

Birthday wishes from Africa...



I bought myself some clothes, and Rob was happy to pay for them, like he does everything else 💗 

Then we went to the pond with Cy and Cam and paddle-boarded.




A snapshot of age 48:
My nightstand. Notice the addition of the readers. I have about 8 pair now and wear contacts, which I hate/love. Also, I always have a stack of books, because I like to be in the middle of several at the same time.  

Love Saturday hikes with Rob and MWF biking or hiking Horsetail with Megan



(The weather has been so good this year, we've kept up our Saturday hikes [on and off] through January!)



This is my "chore face" according to the kids. 
"If you do your chores right now, I'll give you this Oreo stack...."
Ha!... I only punish, not reward 😉

Sometimes I do inappropriate stuff like this in the church foyer when Rob eggs me on...
In his defense, he only wanted me to clear off the paper airplanes....

I've had the habit since high school to lotion my whole body every morning and my hands and arms at least 4-5 x/day. My latest favorite is... 

My flat, paper-thin nails have never grown out this long before. And I've probably painted them only a handful of times in my life until recently because they chip day-of. With gel polish, I can get away with five days. Not sure if it's worth it yet...

Latest obsession is makeup

Bedtime hair—my unicorn ponytail. 
It gets the job done.

My middle school carpool boys

And this is the courthouse bathroom...
Rob and I find ourselves in court from time to time 
with a certain son of ours....


And while at the courthouse, I saw this... 

I want to do this someday.

But for now,...




I recently endured one of the sickest days of my entire life and ended up at the hospital 


I couldn't stay still...

Grumpiest face ever 😂😂😂
$400 ER bill for relief.
SO WORTH IT.

I count Skylar and Trent as two of my best friends. 
Skylar tells me about his dating woes and how he secretly crushes on Kenz.

Trent and his new wife take Cy and Cam out to eat, to laser tag, and to hang out whenever possible.

Rob and I (and Trent) watch Cy play 2-3 basketball games a week. His team is crushing the other schools by an average of 30 pts, so we don't get to cheer much (sportsmanship 😊). 

Selfies after "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" 
in December. They were so cooperative.

Most of my weekly menus lately include 
dinners from buzzfeedtasty

Loving having my girls back home!

My twin! Had never met another Renzo before. #tworenzos


Hosting friends and family for the holidays (Clint and Cassie are moving up here very soon!!)

Working on memorizing "The Living Christ" in the 25 days leading up to Christmas and actually loving it. Love practicing while driving to pass the time. I never would've thought it would be so easy, 
and that I'd enjoy it so much.
Maybe it's just the content I love 💗
 (Bribing the boys to memorize it, too.)

48 is pretty great!





No comments: