Blog Template

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Home Game Basketball Luncheon



My main goal in volunteering for basketball was to NOT host a luncheon in my home... you can see how that went down. 

I also didn't get a partner like the other hostesses did due to a scheduling conflict.  

I have to say I'm glad I did it, though. I love those boys. And it made me get a grip.

I actually dread cooking for large groups. I have some mental block thing. Kind of crazy. So, I planned it all on lists a month in advance down to the last detail so I wouldn't obsess about it all month. I think what freaks me out the most about hosting is that so many things, like much of the food, can't be prepped in advance. It all comes down to that last hour going as planned... or not... before 20 hungry people show up.


Menu: 
Bowtie lasagna
Spinach salad
Garlic breadsticks
Baggies filled with grapes, oranges, and strawberries
Citric lemon water
Ballgame baggies: Skor and Fast Break (get it?haha) and a Gatorade







The guys left this table alone (but took the candy bars 😋). 




5 hours of prep; 30-minute lunch. Sounds about right 👍


In the end, totally worth it.

No comments: