Blog Template

Friday, March 22, 2019

Love Days


February 4th was the day Elle had her accident. It's hard to ignore that day just because it wasn't the day she died, so we call it "Elle Day" and celebrate the 4 years we had with her. This year it fell on Monday, and I was listening to music in the kitchen.

A few weeks after Elle died, she sent me a message through this song by Donna Lewis that replayed that day in my kitchen....

I love you always forever
Near and far closer together
Everywhere I will be with you
Everything I will do for you
I love you always forever
Near and far closer together
Everywhere I will be with you
Everything I will do for you


I had a little meltdown for an hour or two. It was bound to happen at some point this week.

That night we got the kids together and played leftcenterright with dollar coins and quarters. Cy won $18. Rob made his famous malts, and I made a new triple chocolate chip cookie recipe. We all sat around the table and wrote what we love about each other and heart-attacked our kitchen.







On Saturday morning after Elle's Angel Day, we all went out to breakfast. Again, I had something against taking pictures 🙅

For our Valentine's "Dinner with Fire," instead of traditional spaghetti, I made crockpot Beef Enchilada stack... which looks a lot like vomit on a plate.


Mia and Joel (not a couple, but wow...)

And my favorite Valentine bought Cam and I last minute tickets to Wicked! I had never seen it and was so excited to go with Cam!

No comments: