Blog Template

Thursday, March 27, 2014

HOPE



Sometimes I read other "Angel Mom" blogs. I could relate so well to what this mom had to say:

The good times aren't so much "good" as they are triumphant. Because enjoying yourself, feeling at peace, having fun...those aren't your run-of-the mill emotions you experience easily after your daughter's death. They are hard earned rewards for having HOPE. —Molly Jackson (daughter Lucy died at age 2)

Hope is what I've got. Hope in the Resurrection. Hope in the healing and enabling power of the Atonement. And hope is how I will enjoy my life just the way it is.



3 comments:

Linda Barton said...

My son lost his best friend last week in a motocross accident. It's been weird trying to balance comforting a 10 year old and not putting myself in his moms shoes. I can go there, the pain is too great. It's interesting to watch a 19 year old process something they shouldn't need to worry about. Needless to say, you've been on my mind more than usual. I love you! I'm glad you can feel hope. In the moments you feel it, cling to it with all you have. The feeling will stay longer and longer (I know I'm not telling you something you don't already know, just a reminder that I know you would give me when I need it)

Linda Barton said...

I meant watching a 10 year old. I have a problem, since Jared left, I call Tyler Jared 99% of the time. I've resorted to saying Jared's....little brother Tyler.
Love you!

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Me too! :)