Blog Template

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Celebration and Devastation in July

One of my all-time favorite family activities—biking up Provo Canyon to Bridal Veil Falls and Vivian Park. It's just so beautiful, and with the sound of the river and the smell of mountain air, the sun on your back, it's just the best!

The girls at Hacking's 4th of July barbeque (or was this Labor day?) with our long lost cousin ("sister"), Jenn 💗


Watching fireworks all over the valley on our rooftop. No, they did not have my approval... and this is why they have big smiles on their faces.

And yes, Rob encouraged them to ditch the ladder and jump down onto the patio furniture below

Ash and Josh, or Joshley as I like to call them, had their inaugural 24th of July inflatable slide party






Cy fell in love with himself all over again when he saw this picture...


And now for the devastation part.

Finished basement. Sewage. Flood.

S Ewwwww age

I believe this was the worst clean up job I've had in all 27 years of adulthood.

It spread from the bathroom into the two newer finished bedrooms, the hallway, and into the big game room.

By now I know not to think about it too long, to just put on my long purple gloves and tell myself, "It's just my kids' poop, that's all."

The good news is, we got brand new carpet throughout and on both stairways, since insurance covers "line of sight."

And... since the unaffected carpet they replaced was only 5 years old, we replaced our worn out carpet upstairs.


Back to celebration!



No comments: