Blog Template

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ding-a-ling, a-ling, a-ling, a-ling Dong

It was 11:30 p.m. on Saturday night when the doorbell rang (about 8 times). MK was home, because she was grounded for curfew violation (what else) the night before the 8 a.m. ACT(!) Rob and I were all snuggled up in bed. Rob had been asleep since 8:30 (unusual, even for him). I was just settling down (per my early-to-bed resolution), so I listened as MK opened the door, laughed, and then left the house...(?) Are her friends kidnapping her? Is she sneaking out? Not very quiet about it, are they? Hmmmm. I waited....
 And waited some more.
Finally, I heard the door open and shut. I hopped out of bed and crept downstairs. MK had found the message about PG's Sweetheart's dance on our driveway and the purple string, followed it to the end, didn't see anything, so she just kept on a runnin' a quarter-mile down the hill in the pitch black, 30-degree weather in her shorts, slippers, and a blanket. Typical McKenzie—spontaneous and up-for-anything-at-a-moment's-notice. A couple cars slowed down when they passed her, no doubt wondering if they should help the poor thing. They must've seen her bouncing along, smiley-faced, though, and figured it was all good. She decided to call Zona (one of the PG boys) for further instructions, turned around, and ran back up the hill til she found the guy's name on our next door neighbor's curb. She said, "It was so warm:) I'm pumped!"
(Is she fun or what?)

1 comment:

Linda Barton said...

you ground your kids....you're so mean..lol.
is the boy nice?