Blog Template

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's, Part 2

About 12 years ago, our friends Kib and Sara invited us over for Sunday dinner. She made us cioppino. Seafood stew. That meal has never met it's equal in 12 years and has since morphed into legend in our home. Not even Tuscany's famous pork chops and mile-high chocolate cake could hold a candle to this cioppino.
So, Rob decided 12 years had been long enough, and that for Valentine's Day, he would not disappoint. He found a restaurant with great reviews ("Chef's Table") and arranged for the chef to special-order the ingredients a day in advance and prepare some cioppino off the menu. Man, is he good or what?
We went the Friday night before Valentine's to avoid the crowds. And wow. That cioppino was awesome. Lobster tail, mussles, jumbo shrimp, halibut, salmon, crab, all swimming in an Italian broth. Mmmmmm. Table 34 ;)
Rob takes a picture of me while I take one of him on our phones. He emailed this to me today, but I haven't figured out how to download his photo from my phone yet. I need to get on that.


2 comments:

Jen V said...

I've never had or even heard of cioppino. Sounds SOOOO good!! I love seafood! I'll have to look up a recipe online.

You inspired me to make paella tonight - mmm...seafood...

Linda Barton said...

sweet! He's a keeper!