Blog Template

Sunday, April 5, 2020

"Catch All" Pantry Organization

WHY, for someone who loves organizing, has it taken so long for me to organize my pantry properly? 

I'll tell you why:

I didn't think it was practical to decant all the things into different containers, because it's more work after a grocery run, not less. And, it costs more money than you'd think to buy all the bins, containers, labels, etc that match or coordinate so it looks worthwhile.

But, I found an easier, less expensive way, and now I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner...


It's a "catch all" method. You just group like items together, give them a home (bin), and add a label.


I started at 10:00 p.m. one night. I knew better, but I was in the zone. Eight and a half hours later at 6:30 a.m. I called it a day. It's an illness.


"Fruit Snacks" "Snacks" "Crackers" "Oatmeal" 
"(protein)Bars" "Dried Fruit" "Nuts" "Granola" "Baking Chips" 

"Pasta" "Drink Mixes" "Bulk Drink Mix" "Smoothie Mix"

"Baking Mixes" "Cookie Mixes" "Condiments" "Waffle" "Whole Wheat Flour" "Sugar"

During the next few weeks I proceeded to re-organize the basement storage rooms, the hall linen closet, under all the bathroom and laundry room and kitchen sinks, all the bedroom closets, some kitchen drawers, and the entire garage. Very sick 😏

I changed out all my hangers for Costco's flocked velvet ones while sorting for donations, and then staged it for fun.

I have waaaay too many clothes

I turned a hall linen closet into the cleaning closet

... and turned another half-empty hall closet into a linen and much needed overflow medicine cabinet: "Pain Relievers" "Digestive" "Sun Care" "Insect Repellent" "Miscellaneous"

In the basement ("Zone"), I organized the "Stadium" (an unfinished theatre room turned jungle)



The bins along the back wall are dress-ups, costumes, wigs, accessories, and cars/trucks for kids. The green screen is for filming miscellaneous school projects or comedies 😉

The shoeboxes lined against the wall are for gift wrapping


Zone Game Closet

"Game Pieces" lost and found bin

Holiday Decor, Wrapping Room, and Archive. I keep birthday and Christmas gifts in here too.




Wrapping station...
I keep ribbon, extra ribbon bits, gift tissue paper, gift bags, and fillers in boxes on the adjacent shelf and tubs of gifts for friend birthdays and weddings.


Luggage and large decor storage

Food Storage





Finally, the garage needed help, so I got some more bins...





For donations...

All our folding outdoor chairs fit in this bin...


Lastly, I'm trying to accomplish how to part my hair for best effect on my large forehead 😂

I take pictures to help me remember 😊

It's obvious to me as I write this post that I am desperately trying to control anything I can while so much is out of my control. It's been therapeutic and kept my mind on other things as Rob and I try to deal with the situations we are facing in our family. The extent to which our house appears to be in order probably coincides to the extent of the craziness we keep bumping into. Life.

No comments: