Blog Template

Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Few Things I Know About Rob


Backrubs are a daily essential

Pajama bottoms must be worn below the bum (I know, TMI. Not going for sexy, just comfortable.)

“Eat Toes” is his go-to toddler game

Compulsively mulls over and discusses MK’s soccer games

Frequently states he will “never” text, but texts MK relentlessly on game day

Tells MK, "You can use this move if you want..."

Favors grounding for extended periods of time and then takes it all back

Begs me to sleep sideways on the bed with him and would sleep sideways every night if I were out of the picture

Laughs like a (hysterical) girl when watching slips, trips, and crash landings on "America's Funniest Videos"

Alternately holds my hand and smells his arm while driving

If I perchance have the remote control, he tells me when to change the channel and when to stop (same goes for car radio)

Brings me flowers for "no reason"

If he sees me at the computer, he stands over my shoulder and tells me he needs to get on

Loves grocery shopping and always takes at least two kids

Offers to make me late-night snacks

Favorite G.A.: L. Tom Perry
Loves to “run the numbers” for our budget frequently

Takes me to dinner on Friday nights and insists I choose the restaurant... and then suggests a different one

Researches new business ideas as a hobby

Talks to me late into the night even when he has to get up early for work the next morning

Makes breakfast to order every weekend

Makes his famous Ovaltine malts after Family Night (he knows by the color of the malt if it’s just right)

Reads the Gospel Doctrine lesson most weeks

Tears him up to see handicapped people struggling or achieving

Doesn’t watch sports generally

Just asked me to use the computer (because I’m on it)

Considers it a personal triumph of his when I go to bed (sleep!) without picking up the house beforehand

2 comments:

Linda Barton said...

So, when are you posting the things you know about Lorenne? I loved catching up this week! You will always have a huge spot in my heart, possibly the only unblackened part. lol
I love you like a sister, and I am proud to be your friend. And since this post is about Rob...good job Rob for marrying well! :)

Kersten said...

Very cool. He is such a great guy. You two are wonderful together. Love ya!