Blog Template

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Just Bend Over Backward, Mom!



The girls entered a solo dance competition an hour-and-a-half away. When we finally arrived, I dropped the girls off and went to park the car. I got a call on my cell phone. It was Mia. "I forgot my solo music, and Taralee doesn't have a back-up. Can you just drive home and get it, and they'll let me perform late. It's in my bedroom." Just drive back and get it? JUST DRIVE BACK AND GET IT?

Well, we worked it out without my having to drive FOUR HOURS to correct a mistake MIA made. My point is, daughters just don't get it sometimes. But daughters turn into mothers, which means they WILL get it! Ahahahahahaha (that was an evil laugh).

Okay, my other point is, Mia couldn't "place" because she wasn't prepared on time with her music (I agree with that policy!), but she did get to see how the judges scored her in comparison to the other five competitors, and she would have gotten Queen! Bitter sweet victory. McKenzie also won Queen against five competitors and got to take her trophy home. Great job, Girls!

1 comment:

Brit H. said...

Nice job girls! We are so excited to see your performance(s) tomorrow night!