Blog Template

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Six Strange Habits

Tagged by Sarah and Cindy. I tag Jen, Megan, and Britt (my entire blogging world).

Six Strange Habits:
1. I have to wear a Joan Collins "Dynasty" eye mask to sleep. My whole life I had insomnia. Now the problem is solved. So simple. And so chic. (haha)
2. I only get out of bed when I absolutely HAVE to--ten minutes before the school bus comes.
3. I must have my toenails painted at all times. On the other hand, my fingernails look like a man's, and I'm strangely proud of that fact.
4. I panic when I'm without sunglasses, lip balm, and my asthma inhaler.
5. I feel naked if I haven't curled my eyelashes that day. (NEVER happens.)
6. If someone "pops in" when my house is a mess, as soon as they leave, I hurry and clean up as fast as I can, and I pretend that it really wasn't messy at all.

5 comments:

Brit H. said...

Ha ha ha! Love it!

Jacqui said...

Loved it. I am with you on the toe nails and fingernails. This is the first winter where my toe nails weren't painted the entire time. They looked SO BAD all chipped up with old nail polish that I took it off, but never had time to repaint them.

I have to tell you, I loved your comment on my Feelings, Shmeelings post. I am glad I am not alone in my post-partum RAGE! ;)

PS Did you take the kids by yourself to Cali?

Jacqui said...

I meant to say that I also appreciate the quote you wrote. I will definitely keep that in mind. LOGICAL, think LOGICAL!

Jen V said...

A cure for the Briner insomnia gene? Does the eye mask cover your eyes and turn your brain off? If so, sign me up.

Mia said...

Jacqui, so good to feel understood.

To answer your question--my girls were already at Disneyland with their dance group, and Rob was only working part-time to transition into his new business, so it occurred to me that this was a golden opportunity--I could take Getty and Cy (who have never been to Disneyland) and leave Cam (2) and Elle with Rob! Rob was only too happy that the boys got to go to Disney and that he didn't have to be the one to take them! DEAL!